[gptalk] Re: GPO setting returning after being removed

  • From: "Mark Ramirez" <Mark.Ramirez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:03:40 -0500

This may have fixed it.  I need to try it out on some of the problem machines.  
Do I need to delete the subfolders under custom settings or just the 
seczones.inf files?

 

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 4:21 PM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: GPO setting returning after being removed

 

Could be that the settings are getting stuck. I’ve seen this happen before. 
Look within the user’s profile under %userprofile%\application 
data\microsoft\internet explorer\custom settings. See if you see some 
sub-folders in there with files in them like seczones.inf. If so, delete those 
folders and then see if that helps get rid of the lockdowns. Sometimes IE 
Maintenance doesn’t clean up after itself.

 

Darren

 

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Mark Ramirez
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 11:43 AM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] Re: GPO setting returning after being removed

 

I did check the registry and after I manually remove it there is no trace of 
it.  I deployed via IE maintenance.


Sent from Blackberry

----- Original Message -----
From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon Jul 14 13:37:13 2008
Subject: [gptalk] Re: GPO setting returning after being removed

Mark-

Have you tried verified whether the settings are still “stuck” in the registry 
location where policy is putting them? How did you deploy the restrictions? Via 
Admin. Templates or IE Maintenance policy?


Darren



From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On 
Behalf Of Mark Ramirez
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 11:26 AM
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] GPO setting returning after being removed



I have a strange issue.  A while back I created a GPO which added some sites to 
the local intranet zone.  I added *.mydomain.com.  We are now having an issue 
where this is breaking something.  I removed *.mydomain.com from the GPO and 
manually removed it from the pc’s and the issue goes away.  My problem is that 
when the computer is rebooted, *.mydomain.com comes back.  I have searched all 
my GPO’s and I am not seeing it.  To make things more strange, it happens on 
some machines and not others that are in the same OU.  Any help would be 
appreciated.  Thanks.



Mark Ramirez

System Administrator

Silicon Laboratories Inc.

www.silabs.com

Tel: (512)-428-1562



This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and 
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, 
copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others 
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact 
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of 
this email and any attachments thereto.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and 
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, 
copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others 
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact 
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of 
this email and any attachments thereto. 


This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, 
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any 
review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) 
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, 
please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original 
and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

Other related posts: