[gptalk] Re: GPO not processing at startup

  • From: Minesh Pandya <minesh.pandya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:05:41 +0100

Try taking the affected machine out and back in the domain.
I assume they're in the same OU to those that worked.

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Oct 2008, at 01:14, "Anand Narine" <anand.narine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a gpo that contains computer configuration settings, and scripts that run at startup. No user configuration settings have been made in the GPO.

Some computers are not processing the GPO, and give this error

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
GP results in GPMC console show the same error.

All computers have the same specs.