[gptalk] GPO not getting distributed?

  • From: "Dustin Hand" <dustinhand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:50:37 -0500

Hi everyone,
     I am sort of a novice to Windows Server GPO.  I have installed the
GPMC because it seems like my GPO settings are not getting distributed, and
the GPMC says that "'C:\WINDOWS\inf\wuau.adm' is not in a valid format, and
it needs to be replaced." The error it says is that "A string is expected at
line 0".

This error appears under both sets of "Administrative Templates" in all GPOs

Would this cause my GPO to not get distributed and applied?

Regardless of if it is, how do I take care of this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Dustin