[gptalk] GPO .msi installation wont uninstall..

  • From: <razor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:32:34 +0100

Hello all - slight dilemmaâ?¦

Some time ago, I pushed an .msi installation via Computer Configuration >
Software
Settings > Software Installation within one of my GPOâ?? which consequently
worked
fineâ?¦

However, the GPO was deleted and now I want to remove the software from my
client
machines. I scripted an msiexec.exe command using the /x & /passive switch
pointing
to the original .msi file wihtin a network share which should take care of
things
nicely (pushed using startup script). But, the un-installation script wonâ??t
work
because the original .msi package must have been built with â??install for this
user
onlyâ?? â?? which now consequently wont let you uninstall \ view it within
Add\Remove
programs despite what permissions you have on the client!

Any ideas how this should be tackled â?? which account would GP have used to
install
the original .msi?

Cheers

Ray