[gptalk] Re: GPO forcing Active desktop for RDP terminal server sessions

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:26:07 -0700

Katy-

As a general rule, you want to avoid using any screensaver on a server that
is performance intensive. Examples of that includes the OpenGL 3D
screensaver that draw pipes and other things on the screen. I haven't
specifically tested all screensavers but my normal approach is to use the
blank screen saver on servers.

Darren