[gptalk] GPO for Active Desktop Background

  • From: "Katy Wilson" <Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:32:39 +0100

Hello!

A few weeks ago you were all very helpful in advising me as a GPO
Newgirl, thank you very much for that J

Everything has gone pretty much to plan with rebranding and forcing
policies on the office machines here and the boss was happy! J

One problem I am experiencing though is with the Active desktop... it
seems to be struggling to load on machines quite often.. what happens is
the top inch or two of the screens show the picture but the rest of the
screen is black (icons are fine), we have to press F5 to refresh and
show the full desktop... how can I sort this out?
The jpeg was being picked up from a network drive and I have moved it
locally hoping that would help but it doesn't!

Has anyone else experienced this please?  Before I forced out the
desktop background people in the office had all kinds of desktops and
never had this problem so it seems to point at the group policy.

Thank you!
Katy

Katy Wilson
Network Analyst
tel: 01277 230656
fax: 01277 230782
http://www.employerservices.co.uk/

Employer Services Ltd. registered in England. Registered number: 03802573.
Registered Office: 66 North Quay, Great Yarmouth Norfolk NR30 1HE

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may well also be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.

Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system.
Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to
any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.

Thank you for your co-operation. Please contact us on  +44 (0)1277  230656 or
email postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need assistance.

JPEG image