[gptalk] Re: GPO being applied after a lengthy delay

  • From: Minesh Pandya <minesh.pandya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:11:14 +0000

Copy the proxy policy to a new one and see if it applys.

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Oct 2008, at 19:49, Dilan Arumainathan <dilan_a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I am upgrading desktop broswers from IE6 to IE7. We have an existing GPO that pushes a proxy server address to a certain group of users. After the browser upgrade this proxy setting is missing until the users manually run "gpupdate /force". Reboots don't help either. I thought reboots cause the GPOs to be refreshed(?).

Running gpresult shows that the GPO was being applied as a user setting.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this further?