[gptalk] Re: GPO applicability when not connected to a network/domain

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:33:30 -0800

From: tools@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tools@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:30 AM
To: 'gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [gptalk] Re: GPO applicability when not connected to a
network/domain

You're correct-policies don't refresh unless there is a change, or unless
you modify this default behavior by forcing a refresh on every processing
cycle. I know some people that do this for IE Maintenance policy as a matter
of course because its so flaky. So, yes, if your users wanted, they could
undo their proxy while at work with that reg file. Though presumably they
would not be able to get internet access if they did that?

Darren