[gptalk] Re: GPO annoyances.. ?

  • From: hboogz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:56:54 -0500

Hey Darren,

Thanks for responding -- you deserve a lot of credit for being so diligent
on this mailing list, on behalf of everyone -- Thank You.

i enabled loopback within the same GPO -- what's the best practice in a
classroom type scenario for GPO handling ?

I Think your utility will work wonders -- i will give it a shot.

On 2/6/07, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi there. So, you have merge mode loopback set—where were you setting the
lockdown policy? In the loopback GPO or in the user's normal GPO?

Also, just an FYI that I have a free utility that is meant to clean out
policies and preferences from computers and users. Its called
cleanregpol.exe and can be downloaded at www.sdmsoftware.com/products.php(under
the Freeware section). It might help.