[gptalk] Re: GPO and Login Times

  • From: Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:19:13 -0700

The part of the article that talks about the impact of GPOs that implement
multiple CSEs is important for performance if you make regular changes to your
GPOs. Beyond that the biggest impact will be the  kinds of things you do in
your GPOs. Namely, things like re-permissioning large file or registry trees
can really slow things down. But again remember that GP does nothing during a
given cycle if nothing has changed, so relatively static environments should
not have performance issues related to GP.