[gptalk] GPO and Login Times

  • From: "Jonathan Finkbiner" <JFinkbiner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:58:09 -0400

I am trying to troubleshoot/optimize login times across the network. I
have done some work to our login scripts and I feel like I have them
optimized to the point where they can't be made faster. Since the change
there have been fewer reports of long login times but I have heard, and
observed some of issues still occurring. I was wondering if anyone had
some tips or some good reading material relating to optimizing GPOs for
quick logins. I feel like the GPOs that we have setup here may be the
issue. Maybe I have too many? Maybe I don't have policies grouped
together appropriately? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Finkbiner <mailto:jfinkbiner@xxxxxxx>

Information Services

Support Analyst