[gptalk] Re: GPO WMI Script filters - can it exclude users?

  • From: Nelson Jamie R Contr OC-ALC/ITMA <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:09:05 -0500

Mark,

If you need to limit the scope of a GPO for just a few users/computers and
don't want to create a new OU, you should just be able to use security
filtering and deny the "Apply Group Policy" permission for the specific
user/computer. However, that depends on what you're attempting to do with
your GPO.

What types of settings do you want to prevent from getting applied?
Computer, user, or both? Knowing that would help in finding the most
effective solution to your problem.

//signed//

Jamie R Nelson

Systems Engineer / Analyst