[gptalk] GPO S/W Deployments

  • From: "Robert Mariani" <Robert.Mariani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:56:34 +1000

Hi All,

  I would like to ask the experts about GPO software deployments.

Currently I have software being deployed via MSI/MST computer based GP's
which are linked to the computers OU.

In the GPO I have set Windows installer for standard logging and enabled
"Always install with elevated privileges".  Does having this privilege -
even though only applied to the computer allow a user (who is just a
domain user) to install software.  I have only found conflicting advice
using Google.

Is this a recommended setting for deploying software?  We only use
computer targeted software deployments rather than publishing to a user.

Robert Mariani
Applications Manager

The Buchan Group, Melbourne
Architecture+Master Planning+Interiors+Graphics
A  133 Rosslyn St West Melbourne Vic 3003 Australia
GPO Box 4584 Melbourne Vic 3001 Australia
W  www.buchan.com.au <http://www.buchan.com.au/>

This message is transmitted subject to our email policies and may only
relied on by an authorised recipient.
Click on this link to view the policies: