[gptalk] Re: GPO : Prevent saving to Desktop

  • From: "Steve Rochford" <Steve.Rochford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:39:02 -0000

Redirecting the desktop won't create large amounts of traffic (and will
remove the problems you're currently seeing with slow logon/off) so I
would just do that rather than trying to prevent people saving to the
desktop.

I work in a college where we use mandatory profiles for students. We
used to hide all items on the desktop to try and prevent people
accidentally saving there. They still managed to do it and then lost
files when they logged off.

Redirecting desktop has made life much simpler - it's redirected to a
folder on their homeshare so it's included in their normal quota.

Steve