[gptalk] Re: GPO Permissions...

  • From: <tools@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:36:51 -0800

Yep. Computers are people too J. Literally though, computers are security
principals and can belong to groups  just like users or you can even
permission a GPO to a specific computer account. Computers also need Read
and Apply Group Policy permissions to process a GPO. The fact is that
default GPOs include the Authenticated Users group for processing that GPO,
and that group includes both user and computer accounts.

Darren