[gptalk] Re: GPO Newgirl![Scanned]

  • From: Darragh O'Shaughnessy <Darragh.OShaughnessy@xxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:45:11 +0100

you would need replace mode in this instance as the user policy will be
added to the end of the group policy list in your case..........

________________________________

        Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:59:26 +0100
        From: Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Hi,

        Please help me!

        I've been given a project to standardise about 45 machines and 2
Terminal servers over a weekend and I think that using Group Policy is
my best option, although I have no experience with it at all so am a bit
scared!

        What we have:
        Windows 2003 terminal servers
        Laptops/Desktops mostly XP but a few Win2000.
        Office 2000, Outlook 2003 (a couple of Outlook 2000's)

        What I have to do:

        Desktop Settings:
        Rollout new company logo to each machine and force it as desktop
        Force Marquee screensaver with the same comment on each machine

        Microsoft Word:
        Force Template path
        Force standard font/size/styles

        Outlook:
        Disable signatures
        Force Spell Checker on
        Force standard font for new emails and replies

        Internet Explorer (some with v6 and a few v7):
        Change connection settings from Automatic to a Proxy server with
exceptions
        Force a new default home page

        I just have no idea where to start with all this so would love
your advice please!

        Thank you so much

           'Your Payroll Partner'
         Katy Wilson Network Analyst   Employer Services Ltd. William
Hunter House
        20 Western Road Brentwood Essex CM14 4SR
          Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.employerservices.co.uk
<http://www.employerservices.co.uk/>
<http://www.employerservices.co.uk/>    Tel: 01277 230656 Fax: 01277
230782
        Employer Services Ltd. registered in England. Registered number:
03802573.
        Registered Office: 66 North Quay, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. NR30
1HE
        This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may well
also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on
notice of its status.
        Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
this message from your system.
        Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose
its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of
confidence.
        Thank you for your co-operation. Please contact us on  +44
(0)1277  230656 or email postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need
assistance.

        This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.
        For more information please visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/email