[gptalk] Re: GPO Newgirl!

  • From: "Katy Wilson" <Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:19:24 +0100

Thanku all for your help today, I finally fixed it!! And now I'm off on hols
for a week - no group policies for a whole week woohoo!! :)

*** Sent via Blackberry device ***

Katy Wilson
Network Analyst
tel: 01277 230656
fax: 01277 230782
http://www.employerservices.co.uk/
        Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:59:26 +0100
        From: Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Hi,

        Please help me!

        I've been given a project to standardise about 45 machines and 2
Terminal servers over a weekend and I think that using Group Policy is my best
option, although I have no experience with it at all so am a bit scared!

        What we have:

        Windows 2003 terminal servers

        Laptops/Desktops mostly XP but a few Win2000.

        Office 2000, Outlook 2003 (a couple of Outlook 2000's)

        What I have to do:

        Desktop Settings:

        Rollout new company logo to each machine and force it as desktop

        Force Marquee screensaver with the same comment on each machine

        Microsoft Word:

        Force Template path

        Force standard font/size/styles

        Outlook:

        Disable signatures

        Force Spell Checker on

        Force standard font for new emails and replies

        Internet Explorer (some with v6 and a few v7):

        Change connection settings from Automatic to a Proxy server with
exceptions

        Force a new default home page

        I just have no idea where to start with all this so would love your
advice please!

        Thank you so much

                'Your Payroll Partner'

        Katy Wilson

        Network Analyst

                Employer Services Ltd.

        William Hunter House
        20 Western Road

        Brentwood Essex CM14 4SR

        Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        www.employerservices.co.uk <http://www.employerservices.co.uk/>

                Tel: 01277 230656

        Fax: 01277 230782

                        Employer Services Ltd. registered in England.
Registered number: 03802573.
        Registered Office: 66 North Quay, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. NR30 1HE
        This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may well also be
legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its
status.
        Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message from your system.
        Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.
        Thank you for your co-operation. Please contact us on  +44 (0)1277
230656 or email postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need assistance.