[gptalk] Re: GPO Newgirl!

  • From: rpo <rpo8373@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:24:12 +1000

hi katy,

i'd use a loopback policy for this.

create a gpo that will be assigned to the ou the terminal server computer
object is in. in the computer configuration section of the gpo you need
enable loopback from:
 computer config\admin templates\system\group policy\user group policy
loopback processing mode. set this to merge rather than replace.

now, in the user config of this same gpo, change the two settings you want
(the active desktop and screensaver).

what this gpo will do is for users logging on to any box in the ou you
assign this gpo to, it will simply override those two particular settings
with the ones you've just set. all other user settings should be applied as
normal.

hope this makes sense.

daniel.