[gptalk] GPO Newgirl!

  • From: "Katy Wilson" <Katy.Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:59:26 +0100

Please help me!
I've been given a project to standardise about 45 machines and 2
Terminal servers over a weekend and I think that using Group Policy is
my best option, although I have no experience with it at all so am a bit
What we have:
Windows 2003 terminal servers
Laptops/Desktops mostly XP but a few Win2000.
Office 2000, Outlook 2003 (a couple of Outlook 2000's)
What I have to do:
Desktop Settings:
Rollout new company logo to each machine and force it as desktop
Force Marquee screensaver with the same comment on each machine
Microsoft Word:
Force Template path
Force standard font/size/styles
Disable signatures
Force Spell Checker on
Force standard font for new emails and replies
Internet Explorer (some with v6 and a few v7):
Change connection settings from Automatic to a Proxy server with
Force a new default home page
I just have no idea where to start with all this so would love your
advice please!
Thank you so much

'Your Payroll Partner'
Katy Wilson
Network Analyst
Employer Services Ltd.
William Hunter House
20 Western Road
Brentwood Essex CM14 4SR

Tel: 01277 230656

Fax: 01277 230782

Employer Services Ltd. registered in England. Registered number: 03802573.
Registered Office: 66 North Quay, Great Yarmouth Norfolk NR30 1HE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may well also be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.

Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system.
Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to
any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.

Thank you for your co-operation. Please contact us on  +44 (0)1277  230656 or
email postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need assistance.