[gptalk] GPO Isolation / Folder Redirection Help...

  • From: HBooGz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 10:10:42 -0500

I'm currently running Windows 2003 R2 AD

I would like to implement folder redirection(excluding app data) i've read
and heard that regardless of the environment it isn't a good idea to
redirect app data.

In the past, i've applied the User and Computer settings of the GPO within
one GPO and applied that to an OU that only contains the Citrix Server. I've
done this because i don't want GPO settings applied to a TS/Citrix server to
be applied elsewhere.

Is this a methodology that is commonly used ?

I've had issues in the past applying a GPO to an OU that only contained a
security group with a few users -- is that supported ?

I also could use some pointers on roaming profile setup and
configuration..As i've never implemented folder redirection.