[gptalk] Re: GPO Implementation Methodology

  • From: "Robert Tannehill" <rtannehill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:42:57 -0500

Jack,
I also like Method A.  We have "baseline" GPOs; one for workstations and one
for servers since there are separate security policy requirements based on
corporate security policies.  And in those cases where I had explicitly
disable or enable policies in policies on OUs further down the tree.  For
example, we had an OU for all workstations, then under that, one for
desktops and one for laptops.  The workstation-baseline policy caught all
the corporate security policies; for instance, offline files are disabled,
but on the laptop GPO, they are enabled.
Robert

  _____