[gptalk] Re: GPO Filters

  • From: "Phillip M. Immordino" <pimmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:30:02 -0400

For Workstation OS's (XP Pro, XP Pro x64, and Vista) I do it like this.

SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE Version = '5.1.2600' OR Version =
'5.2.3790' OR Version = '6.0.6000'

To get around the Windows 2000 problem what you can do is create a window
security group and add all the Windows 2000 machine accounts (machine$) to that
group you want excluded.  On the GPO, Deny Apply GPO to this security group.
Alternatively, you would have to put the w2k boxes in a separate OU and block
the GPO.

Phil Immordino
Princeton University