[gptalk] GPMC console / Editing GP for 2000 SP4 server

  • From: "Ranjan Babu .G" <ranjan.ganesh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:48:03 +0530

Hi,

I have been Using GPMC sp1 on windows 2003 server to manage my GP.

We modified SVRGL file to add MSS setting based on CIS recommendation and
applied group policy working fine for all windows 2003 servers .

Now my problem i want modify the GP setting for windows 2000 server SP4 in OU
level

And i need to add additional registry entry as per MSS for windows 2000 server.

Which is best option to carry out for windows 2000 serever?

I am planning to do  it from windows 2000 server , first modify MSS setting  in
the SVRGRL INF file then i will modify /manage GP  only for  windows 2000
server  from OU level. It should work .My concern if i do like this is any
issues will arise .

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjan