[gptalk] GPMC PC hanging w/error

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:51:19 -0500

Hello Everyone,
I have been having a problem with the PCs that I install the GPMCsp1
onto.  We keep one PC for the console so that all policy settings come
from the same place.  At first I thought that the error I was getting
was due to the fact that I was using a Dell GX270 PC with a capacitor
problem on the motherboard.  The board was replaced and I went for a
week or so before I got the error again.  "Error connecting to existing
session for UserID (Id0) a device attached to the system is not
functioning."

I then installed the GPMCsp1 and transferred all my ADMs to an HP D530.
That was about a week and a half ago.  I just got the error message
again.  This error usually occurs when someone is remoted into the PC;
it freezes up.   The only way to get the PC workable is to hard boot it.
A few weeks ago this caused corruption because a GPO was open for
editing at the time.  I looked at the MS site to see if there was a new
version of GPMC and found none, our servers have recently been updated
to Windows2003sp2.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is
happening? Is there a GPMC sp2 and I'm just not seeing it?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mary Collingwood
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration