[gptalk] GP0 Questions

  • From: "Paul Evison" <paulevison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 07:09:01 +0000

Hi

I sat my 70-294 exam last week but was unsuccessful, there were several question that I did not know the answers to about GPO

If the SYSVOL folder became corrupt, you had a copy of the policies file and could see the GPO?s in AD, how would you recover (pick two).

A, in the SYSVOL folder create folder ?DOMAIN?, Create ?Policies? folder, Create {6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9}, Create Machine and User.

B, in the SYSVOL folder create another ?sysvol? folder, create folder  ?DOMAIN?, Create ?Policies? folder, Create {6AC1786C-016F-11D2-945F-00C04fB984F9}, Create Machine and User.

C, In AD browse to and open the policy file and close them

D, in AD browse to and open, the policy file make a change and save them

If you have 3 GPO?s linked to an OU, I think the GPO at the bottom of the list (ie No3) is processed first then No2 and then No1, is this correct?

I know this isn?t really GPO stuff but if you are in the Schema manager and you make a class active and the class does not appear in the attributes container. How do you make it easily searchable and add it to the Global catalog, normally you can find it in the attributes container right click it select properties and select it there, is there some setting hidden in the class that needs setting?

Last question I promise

Is there any information (Videos) about deploying software to Computers/Users using GPO?

Thank you for all of your help

Cheers

Paul

Live Search delivers results the way you like it. Try live.com now! *********************** You can unsubscribe from gptalk by sending email to gptalk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the freelists.org Web interface. Archives for the list are available at http://www.freelists.org/archives/gptalk/ ************************