[gptalk] Re: GP to add a machine license

  • From: "Jakob H. Heidelberg" <jhh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:00:22 +0100

Hi,

I think I know what you mean - but I'm not sure. As I understand it you have
some license information you want to "force" onto you clients. You'd need to
know what registry settings are required (I's guessing here) - probably HKLM
as you describe it? This could be done with Group Policy by using the
RegToAdm tool (http://yizhar.mvps.org) - if you have a REG file (or else
export from the registry).

Another option would be to use a Startup Script on the Computer
Configuration part of a GPO (maybe calling the REG file). Also, with Group
Policy Preferences (soon available for WS2003/2008 domains) could do the job
I guess.

Please tell me if I misunderstood you question.

Regards

/Jakob H. Heidelberg