[gptalk] Re: GP startup scripts

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:33:31 -0600

You may also need to make sure you are correctly referencing the
location of the .reg file in your .cmd script. Assuming all the registry
entries you're making are in HKLM, make sure you are running this as a
startup script (under Computer Configuration > Windows Settings >
Scripts > Startup) and not as a user logon script. If you have user
based entries you are making in HKCU those will need to be in a separate
.reg file and imported via a second .cmd script that runs at user logon
(User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts > Logon).

What kind of registry entries are you making? Have you already checked
to make sure you can't do the same with native Administrative Template
settings in a GPO?

Regards,

Jamie Nelson | Systems Engineer | Systems Support, Information
Technology | I N T E G R I S Health | Phone 405.552.0903 | Fax
405.553.5687 | http://www.integrisok.com <http://www.integrisok.com/>

You need to use the /s switch on the regedit command in you .cmd file so
that it runs silently.

regedit /s Settings.reg