[gptalk] Re: GP for IIS and SQL

  • From: Linux'o Mania <linuxomania@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:57:51 +0100 (BST)

Use a batch file with following contents & put it in Computer Startup Script
section of GPO...
  net localgroup Administrators /add <domain\ID>

  replace <domain\ID> with your domain's NETBIOS name & domain account or
group...

  Regds,
  LP

"Ranjan Babu .G" <ranjan.ganesh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi,

One of my customer having Multiple server running IIS and SQL under IIS and SQL
OU .While applying /edit group policy i have to select manually and add
Administrators for each

server.

HOW to resolve the below issue.

1. For ex: If i want to add sqladmin for a policy i have to add

server1\sqladmin, server2\sqladmin ....

Instead adding all server names, any shortcut method

Available to add in single line .

What happening in our case if io add user â??server1\sqladminâ?? in group
policy .it applying same user in all server. which will creating problem.

Note:we have created similar name( sqladmin) user for this purpose .

2.In domain server does not have IIS and SQL server installed .If i want create
\edit a

Group policy for IIS and SQL server OU, Which is best option to edit Group

policy edit from domain server GPMC or from other IIS /SQL ?.

we are facing to add file security c:\program files \MS SQL form domain GPMC
.it not allowing to add due to path ( SQL SERVER ) not available in that server.

3.If i create system variable e:. %BACKUP% that gives the path to my one of

my backup directories.

If i add this directory %BACKUP% in files system security in group policy

Level, whether all server refer the same path what we given in system variable
and

Apply their security setting give for the folder (%BACKUP%)

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjan

Sent: Tue 4/17/2007 1:05 PM
To: Ranjan Babu .G
Subject: Welcome to list 'gptalk'

Welcome to the GPOGUY.COM gptalk mailing list! The purpose of this list is to
ask (and answer) questions regarding Windows Group Policy. This list was
created in conjunction with the gpoguy.com website.

To send a message to the list, send email to: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

'unsubscribe'

We ask that you maintain proper list etiquette when asking and answering
questions. This includes, but is not limited to:

- Ask only questions that are relevant to Window Group Policy
- Start a new list thread when you have a different question than in the
original post
- Be polite!
- No advertising or shameless promotion of commercial products on the list. Its
ok to mention products if its relevant to a question or if have product stuff
in your email signature, but don't create a new post simply for the purposes of
pitching a product
- Did I mention that politeness is key? We reserve the right to boot anyone off
the list is repeatedly mis-behaving
- Finally, please set your list membership on vacation mode when you are out of
the office and do not send OOF messages to the list.

Thanks and again, Welcome!

Darren (aka GPOGUY)

b??j{§²æìr¸?yúè?
mjYÊǧv)àzf¢?Ú ¦Ö¥?·ª¹ë-~·??+-²?àÂ+aº{.nÇ+?·¢?Ø^JæãyË_?é]9ò??
?x"?Ú-?çëyéb²Û(®?n)íz·Úqà+r¯zÇè®Ø^?+-j·?½¨¥i¹^jØm¶?ÿà &shy;ç¥?Ël¢¸?j·!?÷¬þ
mjY?

 Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Tryit now.