[gptalk] Re: GP Preferences & RSAT

  • From: SCOTT KLASSEN <klas9574@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:28:15 -0600

I'm thinking that the RSAT team at MS partied too hard at the Server 2008
release festivities and took the rest of this week off to recover.

Scott Klassen

From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: GP
Preferences & RSATDate: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:18:31 -0800

The only one available is an RC version up on connect.microsoft.com

Darren

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thomas MarantzSent: Friday, February 29, 2008 12:15 PMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: GP Preferences & RSAT

Where is the RSAT download located?

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of FlowMaNSent: Friday, February 29, 2008 11:45 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: GP Preferences & RSAT

Thanks for the info. I've installed the RSAT beta to Vista SP1 RTM, and works
fine. :)

-- Otto Horvath[MS MVP - Group Policy]

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks-
Just an FYI, I got some information about Group Policy Preferences and RSAT
(Remote Server Admin. Tools). The first is that RSAT will not be available as a
separate download until "late March". What I did hear is that MS is trying to
get a beta version out there that works with Vista SP1 in the meantime.

With respect to Group Policy Preferences and DesktopStandard PolicyMaker
co-existence/migration, MS has some plans to deliver a script that will convert
PolicyMaker settings to GPP settings, but no timeframe yet on that.

Hope that information helps J

Darren

****
Darren Mar-Elia
CTO & Founder
SDM Software, Inc.
www.sdmsoftware.com
Comprehensive Group Policy Backup & Recovery with SDM Software's GPExpert™
Backup Manager for Group Policy at www.sdmsoftware.com/products.php