[gptalk] GP Preferences & RSAT

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:36:46 -0800

Hi folks-

Just an FYI, I got some information about Group Policy Preferences and RSAT
(Remote Server Admin. Tools). The first is that RSAT will not be available
as a separate download until "late March". What I did hear is that MS is
trying to get a beta version out there that works with Vista SP1 in the
meantime.

With respect to Group Policy Preferences and DesktopStandard PolicyMaker
co-existence/migration, MS has some plans to deliver a script that will
convert PolicyMaker settings to GPP settings, but no timeframe yet on that.

Hope that information helps J

Darren

****

Darren Mar-Elia

CTO & Founder

SDM Software, Inc.

 <http://www.sdmsoftware.com/> www.sdmsoftware.com

Comprehensive Group Policy Backup & Recovery with SDM Software's GPExpertT
Backup Manager for Group Policy at www.sdmsoftware.com/products.php