[gptalk] GP MSI Software Priority

  • From: Minesh Pandya <mpandya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:31:44 +0100

I have 1 GP which contains two .MSI's, ie:
MY GP - . Core App.MSI
                . Patch.MSI
I need the Core app to install first and the Patch to install second, Then
the patch to uninstall first and the Core App second.
The current 'Live' GP has the MSI's in the following order when I Edit the
GP and look in the 'Software' container:
My GP - . Patch.MSI
              . Core App.MSI
Am I to assume that it is a case of adding these MSI's in the order I want
them to install first to the GP? ie they are time date stamped and
installed with the oldest first?
If so, then, If i change the order to the existing GP by removing the
Patch.MSI and adding it again so its at the top of the list with a newer
timestamp will this cause and immediate uninstall to all the clients? (I
dont want that) I only want it to uninstall in the correct order when I
remove users from the group

Minesh Pandya

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP
Beaufort House, 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A 7NJ.

Telephone :     +44 (0)20 7247 2277
Fax :           +44 (0)20 7643 8500
Web Site :      http://www.blg.co.uk
VAT Number:     243202705

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please telephone us immediately and delete the e-mail
from your system. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not
disclose to any other person, nor take copies, of the contents of this e-mail
and/or any attachment to it.

We try to ensure that our communications are free of viruses but do not accept
responsibility for any loss or damage that viruses may cause.  You should take
your own steps to ensure that communications are free of viruses.

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is a limited liability partnership, registered in
England and Wales with registered number OC325641.

Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
The applicable rules can be found on the Authority's website.

The term partner is used to refer to a member of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP or
an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.  A list
of the members of Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP is open to inspection at the
registered office, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, EC3A 7NJ.