[gptalk] Re: Forbid IE 8.0 Installation...

  • From: "Deepu" <yoursfren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Sep 2008 05:39:40 -0000

Thanks Darren/Mathieu,

I was also thinking of the SRP hash rule........

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 Darren Mar-Elia wrote :
Well, Mathieu is correct that if your users are admins, there is nothing they can't truly circumvent, including GP. However, you can probably use software restriction policy to prevent execution of the IE 8 setup routine using a hash rule on that file. I haven't installed IE 8 to know how the setup runs, but if you can pin it down to one executable or MSI, you can
restrict that using SRP.