[gptalk] Re: Forbid IE 8.0 Installation...

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:49:45 -0700

Hard to say about that approach. The advantage of a hash rule is that you are
sure you are getting the right-executable. However, since IE 8 is only in beta,
and since they have different versions for each version of Windows, it could
get complicated. Would anyone be interested if I could build a command-line
utility that let you create SRP hash rules in either the local GPO or
domain-based GPOs based on feeding in a setup file path?

Darren