[gptalk] Re: Folder redirection UNC path issue

  • From: "Andrew McHale" <Andrew.McHale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:09:35 -0000

Hi Shane,

Yes, the Home folder is not a redirection, you are correct, it is a
mapped drive. Apologies for the confusing use of terminology.

We also map a home drive for our users using "\\servername\user
<file:///\\servername\user>  data\%username%" (I know, I wouldn't of put
a space in a UNC either but I didn't build the current system). I guess
our AD must be configured to also build these 4 other folders which you
don't have (I assumed it was an attribute of the Home folder function).

This is where I have to bow out then due to my experience of nothing
more than my own company's AD environment (which my predecessor put in)
and the various posts I've seen on this list since I joined (what a find
this was!) I guess you're gonna have to shine that big bat symbol into
the sky and hope he answers ;)

Andrew