[gptalk] Re: Finding active users

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie" <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:43:20 -0500

There are a lot of good products out there, but I've always preferred to
script this type of automation so that I can remain flexible. This
cleanup aspect is becoming an increasingly big part of identity
lifecycle management products like Microsoft MIIS/ILM, which can tie
into Active Directory and completely automate the entire process for
you, if you aren't afraid of writing a little VB or C# code.

Jamie Nelson | Infrastructure Consultant | BI&T Operations | Devon
Energy | Work: 405.552.8054 | http://www.dvn.com

From: "Ray Lewis" <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Been down this road and tried a few different products myself. The
> only one I found that didn't give me erroneous information was AD
Janitor by Specops.
> http://www.specopssoft.com/products/adjanitor/
>

>   _____

password.  Any help would be great!

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for
the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of
all or any portion of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.