[gptalk] Re: FW: Vista - Start Menu options

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:54:04 -0800

Program Data is the Vista equivalent of the All Users profile, so if you are
telling GP to remove those folders, then its likely doing something in the
shell to prevent any from showing up. I think your choices are to use a
startup script to remove all the unwanted shortcuts and program groups
(either by moving those to a different folder or deleting them) or using a
logon script to copy a shortcut into each user's profile for the program you
want.

Darren