[gptalk] FW: Vista - Start Menu options

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:49:04 -0000

Hi

will try this one again as its driving me up the walls and I cant
beleive on one else has had this issue.

When you have an out of the box Vista build with all media player, movie
maker etc...

All tis apears on your start programs menu.

Is there a way to control these shortcuts that comes from the Program
Data \Microsoft\Windows\start Menu\Programs folder.

I have tried removeing access useing file security but the icon still
apears. I was able to hide the icon and it does disapear but I can see
how I would do this at a computer level GPO.

The settings I mentioned below  Remove common program groups from start
menu does remove all of these programs but I do want to have a couple of
programs in the start menu. even I manually copy it to the profile of
the user nothing apears .

thanks

Ronnie