[gptalk] Re: FW: IE Proxy GPO Issue

  • From: Mathieu CHATEAU <gollum123@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buonora, Craig (GE, Research, consultant)" <buonora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:53:41 +0200

Hello,

There is an issue with ie maintenance and folder redirection.

Patches are available for XP SP1 & SP2:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888254/EN-US

You cannot set the Folder Redirection policy setting on a Windows XP SP2-based computer that also uses Group Policy settings to customize Internet Explorer

cheers,

Mathieu CHATEAU

Darren thanks, to ensure I am doing that properly I see 2 areas where I can set that, which would be correct and what is the difference between them?

Craig