[gptalk] FW: Change name of registry key

  • From: "Tony Murray [HIQ]" <Tony.Murray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:29:03 +1200

Hi all

Any thoughts on the question below?

From: <Name removed to protect the innocent>
Sent: Friday, 30 March 2007 12:59
To: Tony Murray
Subject: gpo

Hi Tony, as discussed, I would like GP to create a registry key and to
have the ability to change the name of the key...This way we can just
copy the policy and enter the new license server if a new customer or
the license server needs to be changed for DR..etc

Unfortunately W2K3 uses keys as opposed to reg_sz values that W2K uses
for specifying license servers.

I haven't been able to find a way to get GP to allow me to dynamically
change a key name in the same way that you can a value.

Example below...server name needs to be dynamic...hope this makes

This email or attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged
information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use,
redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as
intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the
sender and remove all copies of the message, including any attachments. Any
views or opinions expressed in this email (unless otherwise stated) may not
represent those of HealthIntelligence (HIQ Ltd).

No Viruses were detected in this message.
HealthIntelligence eMail Filter Service