[gptalk] Re: FRS member reference

  • From: "Aaron Rabinowitz" <rabino67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:00:16 -0400

after using frsdiag it came up with this error and it proceeds to tell
me to change one attribute  - the dns of the server which is different
than what it should be - before changing teh dns refernce can anyone
tell me if this is a bad idea or what precautions I should take?
the name currently in the references the same IP address as the new
dns name but the new one is what I use on the network - ive never seen
the old one until now - I am also fairly new to this company and there
is an issue with the sysvol share

Checking for errors/warnings in ntfrsutl ds ...
       ERROR: This server's "Member Ref" property for the SYSVOL volume does
NOT seem to be correct !!!
               To fix this, use ADSIEdit and edit the
"fRSMemberReference" Property
of the nTFRSSubscriber object named "CN=Domain System Volume (SYSVOL
share)" located under this Server's Computer Object.
               This value should match the FQDN of this Server.
Current Values are: