[gptalk] Re: "Extra Registry Settings"

  • From: "Mark Sammons" <msammons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:17:04 -0000

Are you seeing this in the Settings pane in the Group Policy Management

The GPMC really does not cope well with settings lists in group policy, even
in the "standard" ADM templates.  A good example are firewall exceptions -
these are always listed as Extra Registry Settings.  The easiest way to
figure it out is, obviously, try and figure out what the value is and what
template might have set it.  Or even search for the registry string in your
ADM templates (C:\Windows\Inf).  If that doesn't work, as Darren suggests,
create an ADM template for those values and turn them off that way.