[gptalk] Extra Registry Setting in WSUS Policy

  • From: "MONTGOMERY, RONALD [AG/1000]" <ronald.montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 11:15:56 -0600

Hey, all.

We're upgrading to WSUS in a couple of weeks. I'm testing the WSUS policy.
The wuau.adm is dated 5/9/2006. We extracted it from the CAB file in the
WSUS directory.

I have one hiccup: the "Allow non-administrators to receive update
notifications" setting shows up as an Extra Registry Setting in the GPMC.
I've re-created the policy with the same result, re-extracted the file, etc.

I haven't found any documentation that calls out my specific issue, but I
did find this:  <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890955>

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance,

Ronald Montgomery

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and
is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard
drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.