[gptalk] Event id 1054 on new domain machines

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:54:08 -0800

Hello,

I have a clean new Win2k3 domain and I am getting userenv 1054 event id's in my
application log.

On the DC's every 5 minutes and on other servers periodically but mostly every
day.

Many workstations on the domain are also logging errors but netdiag and dcdiag
return clean results.

All systems are currently on 1gb switches-including the workstation- and
neither the switch ports or the server NICs are hard coded to link speed and
duplex but all seem to not be losing link or having any networking issues and
they are running at 1gb.

I just can't seem to find the solutions and I just don't know if I am just
blind to it or if I need to contact Microsoft PSS.

Any help would be great- I attached the userenv.log from one of my DC's after 3
logged 1054 events in 15 minutes but not much in there.

Thanks,

Omar

Date:                       2/1/2007

Time:                       5:14:26 PM

User:                       NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:               BK-DC1

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (An
unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.