[gptalk] Re: Event ID 1047 Windows cannot read GPO history

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:05:27 -0800

I've not seen this error before but one thing to keep in mind is that
history is held both per-computer and per-user, so in both HKLM and HKCU in
the registry. The latter is going to be tough to deal with for 5,000 users
because they have to be logged on in order to delete those history subkeys,
but by default, normal non-administrative users don't have access to those
keys. I really wonder if this is the true problem and if so, why its
happening on such a large scale. Have you been able to fix the problem by
deleting history on a single computer and user yet?