[gptalk] Re: Error trying to generate RSOP from GPMC

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:35:33 -0700

That made a light go off in my head, because we do push some items into
trusted sites and security settings (remember username and password for
local intranet, for example).

however, it was interesting, when I found the policy in question, I changed
it from a 1 to a 0. Interesting enough, still did not work (still trying to
track down some things), but when I changed it from a 1 to a 0, looking at
the settings in that GPO, A LOT of them were no long being made visible.
Interesting.

Curious enough, found your website with your products. Sound intriguing, but
your website was down recently...have to try later.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks,

Jas

On 7/2/07, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 The newsgroup response is assuming that IE maintenance is the problem.
Specifically, if you try to use IE maintenance policy to set zone security
for a user who is using IE7, that is when GPMC chokes. So, what the posting
suggests is to go into the SYSVOL portion of the GPO in question (i.e. the
one implementing IE maintenance policy) on a DC (preferably the PDC emulator
DC) and navigate to \\<domain>\sysvol\<domain>\policies\<GUID of
GPO>\User\Microsoft\IEAK and look for a file called install.ins and then
modify that parameter accordingly.

Darren