[gptalk] Re: Enable Distributed COM on this computer

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:18:52 -0700

Without spending the time to drill into it, what I usually suggest in these
circumstances is to use something like Process Monitor (on the TechNet site)
to watch Registry SetValue operations while you enable or disable this
option. You can usually pin down which registry values are being tweaked
using this approach, and then you should be able to create a custom ADM for
it or even use the GP Preferences registry extension feature.

Darren