[gptalk] EXPLICITVALUE and numeric data in LISTBOXes

  • From: "Clemson, Chris \(IHG\)" <Chris.Clemson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:46:36 -0000

Hi everyone.
I am trying to make a GPO to set up our SNMP service.
My plan would be to have a LISTBOX that allows you to type in the SNMP
community name (text) as the Name, and the security as a NUMERIC value
as the Value.

If I use EXPLICITVALUE in conjunction with LISTBOX, it allows me to
input 2 values, which is great, but the values get entered into the
registry as text rather than REG_DWORD.
Is there any way of changing this behaviour? Just putting "NUMERIC" on
the end generates an error.
Thanks,

Chris