[gptalk] Re: Domain User account and GP processing

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 06:46:58 -0700

John-
I'm a little confused about what this sw. distribution product is doing as
it relates to GP but here goes:

1. If group membership changes, that constitutes a change in the list of
GPOs that apply and so yes, GP would process.
2. I'm not sure I know what you mean by "using AD to resolve policy". What
policy? GP?
3. There is a maximum size to a process token. Don't remember it now but at
40 groups, you are probably not hitting it. However, performance does
degrade the more groups you have to resolve and evaluate when hitting
resources.