[gptalk] Re: Domain Admins are not Local Admins

  • From: "Ray Lewis" <razor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:46:15 -0000

Hi Paul - thanks for the reply.

As expected, RSoP.MSC shows no Restricted Groups present. The only startup
script being applied to clients is a local Administrator password change
using the conventional NET USER Administrator %1, however this method has
always been used and this only started occurring recently.

What if an old Restricted Policy was set to apply Domain Admins and the
Domain Administrator account but has since been revoked. Is there a way it
could retain this reversal? If so, the million dollar question is, how do I
set it back to the default, thus being Domain Admins and Domain
Administrator account as local Admins?

It's a really nasty problem this one but I really appreciate all your advice
- Thanks Guys :-)

Ray

  _____