[gptalk] Re: Domain Admins are not Local Admins

  • From: "Paul Williams" <paul.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:42:09 -0000

If you're sure that there's no restricted groups policy (use RSoP.MSC to
verify) being applied then perhaps you're being bitten by what many refer to as
"security through obscurity".  In other words, have you perhaps renamed your
administrators group?  If this is widespread then probably not, as GPO only
supports renaming Administrator and Guest as far as I remember.

Another option could be an erroneous startup script.

Restricted groups is the most likely.  A weird script could also be doing this.
 As could some management tool like Quest's InTrust or HPs OVOW.

--Paul